Manhasset-Lakeville Goes To Work at Plandome Manor House Fire

On Friday, February 13, 2015 at 5:02PM, Manhasset-Lakeville Fire Department Companies 1, 2, 3 and the Ambulance Unit were dispatched to the intersection of Bourndale Road North and Chester Drive for a reported house fire in that vicinity. Chief of Department Farrone (8705), Deputy Chief Kiess (8701) and Ambulance 8767 were the first units to respond and were advised of a direct call from a resident stating that they see a house on fire in that area. Seconds later, the dispatcher advised the units that multiple calls were being received through Firecom all reporting a house fire at 32 Brookwald Drive. With this information, Chief Farrone requested the Port Washington Fire Department be requested for a F.A.S.T. (Firefighter Assist & Search Team).

Ambulance 8767 was the first unit to arrive on scene and reported “smoke showing” and confirmed that all occupants were out of the house. Deputy Chief Kiess (8701) arrived on the scene two minutes later and transmitted a “Signal 10” for a working fire in a 2 ½-story private dwelling. Deputy Chief Kiess reported that he had smoke pushing from all sides of the structure and visible fire in the rear. 

Engine 8712 was the first unit to arrive on the scene, with Quint 8728 immediately following it. The crew of Engine 8712 quickly stretched a 1” ¾ hose line to the first floor, where they made an aggressive push on the main body of fire, which was located in the rear half of the house. Quint 8728 performed searches, which were negative, and reported vertical extension to the second floor and attic. A second 1” ¾ hose line was stretched off Engine 8712 by the crew of Engine 8735 and was used to knock down any extension on the second floor and attic. A third 1" 3/4 hose line was stretched and operated to extinguish hot spots.

The fire was placed under control within an hour and extensive overhaul took place on the second floor to make sure all pockets of fire were extinguished. The Nassau County Fire Marshal’s office is currently investigating the cause of the fire. There were no injuries and all units were released from the scene within two hours by Chief of Department Farrone.

Click here for additional photographs and videos from this incident!

Stay Informed

When you subscribe to the blog, we will send you an e-mail when there are new updates on the site so you wouldn't miss them.

Manhasset-Lakeville F.D. Elects New Chief of Depar...
M-LFD Makes Quick Work of Apartment Fire on Welwyn...

Related Posts

Go to top