|Manhasset-Lakeville Fire Department Recruitment
Download the MLFD Recruitment Poster & Share With Friends & Family
We are currently accepting applications for Firefighters & Emergency Medical Technicians!
The members of the Manhasset-Lakeville Fire Department are dedicated to providing professional-level service to the community. Our fire department is staffed by all volunteers and we are always looking for new members.
If you are interested in receiving more information about becoming a volunteer with the Manhasset-Lakeville Fire Department, please call (516) 466-4435 or simply fill-out the online form below and you will be contacted by a department representative within a few days.
Some benefits of joining...
- Free training, classes and certification(s). Learn life-saving skills that can be used in your everyday personal life or help to obtain a career in public safety.
- Free use of Firefighting and EMS gear and equipment. There is no cost to members.
- Regular physical exams performed by our Dept. Surgeon at no charge to the member.
- Retirement benefits - The Manhasset-Lakeville Fire Department participates in the New York State LOSAP program, which is based on your years of service. Qualified members are eligible to receive monthly benefit checks starting at age 60.
- Great friendships and the opportunity to meet and work with dedicated people, like you.
- Unmeasured satisfaction knowing that you are helping your community and saving lives.
- For more information on the benefits of joining your local volunteer fire department please click here: http://fireinyou.org/why-volunteer.html
Some requirements to join...
- All applicants must be at least 17 years old. (Parental consent needed for applicants under age of 18)
- All applicants must be in good physical shape and be able to pass a department physical exam.
- All applicants must pass a background check.
- All applicants must be willing to maitain a percentage of total calls, attend monthly trainings and meetings, as well as other activities throughout the year.
|The Manhasset-Lakeville Fire Department is comprised of five Fire Companies and an Ambulance Unit. Each of the five firehouses is strategically located throughout Manhasset, Great Neck and North New Hyde Park. Applicants have the opportunity to choose which Company or Unit they want to join.
- Company #1 - Bayview Ave in Manhasset
- Company #2 - Community Dr East in Manhasset
- Company #3 - Prospect Street in Thomaston
- Company #4 - Northern Blvd in Great Neck
- Company #5 - 78th Ave in North New Hyde Park
- Ambulance Unit - Prospect Street in Thomaston
Please use the form below to submit a request for a representative from the Manhasset-Lakeville Fire Department to contact you in regards to becoming a volunteer Firefighter or Emergency Medical Technician. Items with a * below are required to be filled out in order to submit the form.
PLEASE ONLY FILL THIS OUT FOR AGES 17 AND OVER. WE ARE CURRENTLY NOT ACCEPTING APPLICANTS FOR OUR JUNIORS PROGRAM